76 x 50 cm.
Ink Giclee Print on Hahnemühle Museum Etching 350 grams paper.
Winner of The Lumen Prize Gold Award, The Butcher’s Son made history in 2018 as the first machine-generated portrait to take a major international art prize. This landmark AI artwork forms part of Mario Klingemann’s Imposture Series, produced by a generative adversarial network (GAN) trained on stick figures and images harvested from the internet. Using a method known as “transhancement,” the AI model adds skin texture, hair or other artefacts to these low-resolution images.
The frame is carefully selected by our team and assembled in an art specialist framing workshop.
These custom made frames are made of beechwood and oak wood. A natural or wengue finish is chosen by our curator, as well as its thickness –10 to 30 mm–, based on the needs of the artwork, as it is shown in the photographs.
Please, take into account that delivery time can be altered by the framing process, adding to the estimated delivery date between 4/7 working days.
Limited by Solo wishes to see its art pieces travelling around the world and getting to your door in the quickest and safest way.
- Shipping cost worldwide is free. We work with DHL.
- Custom and duty taxes are not included. For the convenience of our clients, custom and duty taxes are broken down at the checkout if any.
- Shipping time for destinations in the EU may vary between 5 and 7 working days and for non-EU destinations between 7 and 15 working days. In both cases counting from the moment when the purchase is completed.
- The package will be delivered at the address that was detailed at the purchase form Monday to Friday during the day. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee time slots or weekend deliveries.
- Artworks in "Pre-sale" will be shipped after the date specified in the product description.