Limited Edition of 50. Signed and numbered by the artist.
60 x 60 cm.
Giclée print on Hahnemühle Photo Rag 188 paper.
The iconography of 1960s America in Girls and Car creates a captivating social narrative, typical of Mercedes Helnwein’s imagery. Heavily inspired by American culture and way of life, her work is known for its large-scale oil pastels, predominantly populated by nurses, beauty queens, witches, girl gangs, bridesmaids, and the visual theatrics of adolescence.
Drawing on entirely personal influences ranging from feminism, nineteenth century Russian literature or Blues music, her visual art soon attracted art market attention when at only 21 years, she moved to Los Angeles (USA). Helnwein works in a wide range of media, from painting, drawing to experimental film. She is also influenced by the comic aesthetics of illustrator Crumb and Daniel Clowes's Ghost World or the sharp literature of Bukowski.
A subtly innocent gaze to the female identity is showcased on pastel and light tones in this appealing print, now available for sale in a limited edition, signed by the artist and designed exclusively for Limited by SOLO. Helnwein is an artist supported by Colección SOLO and its patronage programme.
The frame is carefully selected by our team and assembled in an art specialist framing workshop.
These custom made frames are made of beechwood and oak wood. A natural or wengue finish is chosen by our curator, as well as its thickness –10 to 30 mm–, based on the needs of the artwork, as it is shown in the photographs.
Please, take into account that delivery time can be altered by the framing process, adding to the estimated delivery date between 4/7 working days.
Limited by Solo wishes to see its art pieces travelling around the world and getting to your door in the quickest and safest way.
- Shipping cost worldwide is free. We work with DHL.
- Custom and duty taxes are not included. For the convenience of our clients, custom and duty taxes are broken down at the checkout if any.
- Shipping time for destinations in the EU may vary between 5 and 7 working days and for non-EU destinations between 7 and 14 working days. In both cases counting from the moment when the purchase is completed.
- The package will be delivered at the address that was detailed at the purchase form Monday to Friday during the day. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee time slots or weekend deliveries.
- Artworks in "Pre-sale" will be shipped after the date specified in the product description.