21,9 x 28,9 x 2,7 cm.
Printed book. Texts in English 256 pages, full color, Hard cover
Abrams, Nueva York.
Preface by the artist James Jean / Foreword by the film director Ari Aster
Drawing inspiration from Chinese mythology, Japanese manga and Kaiju films, Hong Kong cinema of the 1980s, and American pop culture, Taiwanese-born and Brooklyn-based artist Mu Pan has created a unique graphic universe. Throughout his intricate, violent, vibrand, and often humorous paintings, he tells epic stories and legends with modern sensibilities, where animals, superheroes, monsters, and deities confront each other on giant battlefields. Mu Pan´s artwork is never about art for its own sake - in his own words, “I am just an otaku who draws.” With a foreword by filmmaker Ari Aster (Heredtary, Midsommar), a preface by artist James Jean, and a long conversation between Mu Pan and art critic Sasha Bogojev, this book collects for the first time all his major paintings and never-seen-before drawings and sketches.
Limited by Solo wishes to see its art pieces travelling around the world and getting to your door in the quickest and safest way.
- Shipping cost worldwide is free. We work with DHL.
- Custom and duty taxes are not included. For the convenience of our clients, custom and duty taxes are broken down at the checkout if any.
- Shipping time for destinations in the EU may vary between 5 and 7 working days and for non-EU destinations between 7 and 14 working days. In both cases counting from the moment when the purchase is completed.
- The package will be delivered at the address that was detailed at the purchase form Monday to Friday during the day. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee time slots or weekend deliveries.
- Artworks in "Pre-sale" will be shipped after the date specified in the product description.