50 x 40 cm.
Acrylic paint on paper.
A standing figure opens up to reveal layers of bright colour, body parts and a central, cross-legged deity in Cherry Blossoms, by Hideyuki Katsumata. The Tokyo-based artist often blends religious imagery with pop culture influences such as manga, and regularly depicts his characters adopting postures or mudras typical of Indian buddhist imagery. This painting also draws on the importance in Japanese culture of the cherry blossom, a symbol of spring and renewal, a reminder of the fleeing nature of life and an invitation to introspection. A bright pink version of Katsumata’s trademark Hanuatah character adds a touch of humour in this unique work, an excellent example of the Japanese artist’s distinctive style.
Limited by Solo wishes to see its art pieces travelling around the world and getting to your door in the quickest and safest way.
- Shipping cost worldwide is free. We work with DHL.
- Custom and duty taxes are not included. For the convenience of our clients, custom and duty taxes are broken down at the checkout if any.
- Shipping time for destinations in the EU may vary between 5 and 7 working days and for non-EU destinations between 7 and 14 working days. In both cases counting from the moment when the purchase is completed.
- The package will be delivered at the address that was detailed at the purchase form Monday to Friday during the day. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee time slots or weekend deliveries.
- Artworks in "Pre-sale" will be shipped after the date specified in the product description.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.